I purchased mushrooms about 2 weeks ago. They have been in my refrigerator, in one of those "Green Bags." They are not soft or mushy but when I sliced them they are more tannish than off white. Should I chance cooking them?
I have used these green bags for some time with a lot of success. I will admit that I haven't kept mushrooms in them because I like my mushrooms to be as fresh as possible. They age really quickly and lose flavor. The mushrooms should be OK but might not have much flavor.
Thanks for writing,
Timothy S. Harlan, M.D.